August 25, 2013

Author Interview with Glenn Clay


Q: Hi Glenn Clay, first of all, could you tell us a bit about yourself?
A: Well I am a 24 year old guy. I am a graduate of Teays Valley High School and I live in a small town in Ohio.

Q: Why did you start writing?
A: I started writing as a newsletter writer for my small town but then it turned into a way to relieve my depression after I lost a very close loved one. 



Q:What do you think makes your genre special?
A: I am not exactly sure what makes my genre special in general but to me it gives my mind some wonder. I think to myself if vampires, werewolves and all sort of other things existed it would be interesting to see what their world would look and feel like. 

Q:What do you think makes a great story?
A: To me what makes a great story is several things. Most people think the longer the story the better it is, I think quite the opposite. If you can tell your story and you don't have to express every detail and that ends with a shorter book, then so be it. Its not the length or the way you detail every little thing, its if your story begins and ends the way you want it and you have expressed the best story you could create.

Q:What is your latest book called and could you explain to us in 20 words what it is about?
A: My latest book and my first book is entitled The Cursed and Damned: The Daniels Family. It's about the Daniels Family who has been cursed throughout the centuries and has to band together to stave off a war. 

Q: Which kind of reader do you think will enjoy your book?
A: I think teens might enjoy it and young adults will also. Or anyone who likes vampires, werewolves and the like. But this isn't a gushy love story about these characters it's very much of a paranormal thriller. 

Q: Is it a Standalone, or part of the series? If it's the latter, how long do you think will it go on?

A: This story is part of a series. I am aiming for at least three books from this series and I have ideas for some spin offs from this series as well. 

Q: What influenced or inspired you to write it?
A: Edgar Allan Poe has been the biggest inspiration to me. The way he wrote about the reality of life and expressed the true horror of reality was very inspiring to me. In my longer stories I don't really express my inspiration for Poe but it's in my short stories that I really express my inspiration for him and his work. I am hoping to publish my short stories into a book of their own. 

Q: Why did you choose especially this title? Was it your first choice?
A: My first choice for the title of this book was The Fall of the Vampire, but as I got deeper into writing it I changed it to The Cursed: The Daniels Family then to finally the title that it is today.

Q: What were the most difficult part for you working on your book?
A: The editing was the most difficult. I have A.D.D. and for me after I was done with the story every time my editor came back with mistakes it took me a while to fix them for the fact I couldn't get my focus back on track. It took me three years to fix all the edits. 

Q: Was there a scene that you didn’t want to add or remove in your finished work?
A: Um, not really. Every time there was a rewrite needed me and my editor would agree on what to add and delete and I think the final outcome still tells my story the way I wanted.

Q: Do you already know what to do next?  
A: I am half way through writing the next book in the series and I am hoping that it won't take as long to edit this one as the last one. 
 
Q: Where can we find more about you and your books?

A: You can go to my website at http://glennclay.wix.com/glennclay

Q: Any last words?
A: Um, through my website people can book me for author talks and book signings. I am just trying to get my name and book out there for people to read. Thank you for having me! -GC

 

The Cursed and Damned: The Daniels Family

The Daniels family have felt like they have been cursed. But you can't really blame them when they have a vampire, werewolf, a person who can move things with their mind and a "magically inclinded" person in their family. They have to come together when an old relative decides to roar his ugly head and try to cause a war in the supernatural world.

Amazon

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment